Honda NSS300 Forza - Owner's Manual > Brakes
Checking Brake Fluid
1. Place your scooter in an upright position on a firm, level surface.
2. Check that the brake fluid reservoir is horizontal and that the fluid level is above the lower level mark.
If the brake fluid level in either reservoir is below the LOWER level mark or the brake lever freeplay becomes excessive, inspect the brake pads for wear. If the brake pads are not worn, you most likely have a leak. Have your scooter inspected by your dealer.
Inspecting the Brake Pads
Check the condition of the brake pad groove wear indicators.
Front The pads need to be replaced if a brake pad is worn to the indicator.
Rear The pads need to be replaced if a brake pad is worn to the indicator.
1. Front Inspect the brake pads from below the brake caliper.
2. Rear Inspect the brake pads from below the brake caliper.
If necessary have the pads replaced by your dealer.
Always replace both left and right brake pads at the same time.
1. Park your scooter on its centre stand on a firm, level surface.
2. Check that the side stand operates smoothly. If the side stand is stiff or squeaky, clean the pivot area and lubricate the pivot bolt with clean grease.
3. Check the spring for damage or loss of tension.
4. Sit on the scooter and raise the side stand.
5. Start the engine.
6. Lower the side stand all the way. The engine should stop as you lower the side stand. If the engine doesn't stop, have your scooter inspected by your dealer.
Checking the Throttle
With the engine off, check that the throttle rotates smoothly from fully closed to fully open in all steering positions and throttle freeplay is correct. If the throttle does not move smoothly, close automatically, or if the cable is damaged, have the scooter inspected by your dealer.
Freeplay at the throttle grip flange:
2 to 6 mm (0.1 to 0.2 in)
Adjusting the Rear Suspension
You can adjust the spring preload by the adjuster to suit the load or the road surface.
Use the pin spanner to turn the adjuster.
Position 1 and 2 are is for a decrease spring preload (soft), or turn the position 4 and 5 to increase spring preload (hard). The standard position is 3.
NOTICE Do not turn the adjuster beyond its limits.
Adjusting the Headlight Aim
You can adjust vertical aim of the headlights for proper alignment. Turn the pinion using a Phillips screwdriver provided in the tool kit in or out as necessary.
Obey local laws and regulations.
Checking the Engine Oil 1. Park your scooter on its centre stand on a firm, level surface. 2. If the engine is cold, idle the engine for 3 to 5 minutes. 3. Turn the ignition switch off, stop the engine and wait for 2 to 3 minutes.