BMW C400GT - Rider's Manual > Displays
Warnings are displayed with appropriate warning lights.
Warnings are indicated by the general warning light in conjunction with a dialog in the TFT display. The universal warning light lights up in either yellow or red depending on the urgency of the warning.
The universal warning light lights up for the most urgent warning.
You will find an overview of the potential warnings on the following pages.
Check Control display
The messages in the display are shown differently in the display.
Different colors and characters are used depending on the priority:
- Green CHECK OK 1: no message, values optimal.
- White circle with small "i" 2: information.
- Yellow warning triangle 3: warning message, value not optimal.
- Red warning triangle 3: warning message, value critical
The symbols 4 differ in their display. Different colors are used depending on the assessment of value. Instead of numerical values 8 with units 7, texts 6 are also displayed:
Color of the symbol
- Green: (OK) current value is optimal.
- Blue: (Cold!) current temperature is too low.
- Yellow: (Low! /High!) current value is too low or too high.
- Red: (Hot! /High!) current temperature or value is too high.
- White: (---) there is no valid value. Instead of the value, dashes 5 are displayed.
NOTICE The evaluation of the individual values is possible in part only after a certain riding duration or speed. If a measured value cannot yet be displayed due to unfulfilled measurement conditions, dashes are displayed instead as placeholders. As long as no valid measured value is available, no evaluation is carried out in the form of a colored symbol.
Check Control dialog
Messages are output as Check Control dialog 1.
- If several Check Control messages of the same priority are present, the messages change in the order in which they occur, until they are acknowledged.
- If the symbol 2 is active, this can be acknowledged by tilting the Multi-Controller to the left.
- Check Control messages are dynamically attached as additional tabs to the pages in the Vehicle menu. The message can be called repeatedly as long as the error persists.
Overview of warning indicators
The outside temperature is shown in the status line of the TFT display.
Engine heat can lead to spurious readings of ambient temperature when the motorcycle is stationary. When the effects of engine heat on the monitored temperature become excessive, dashes instead of the value are displayed.
If the outside temperature drops below the following limit value, there is a risk of black ice forming.
The first time the temperature drops below this value, the outside temperature display and ice crystal symbol will flash in the status line of the TFT display.
Outside temperature warning
Ice crystal symbol is displayed.
Possible cause: The ambient temperature measured at the vehicle is lower than 37 ºF (3 ºC).
WARNING Risk of black ice, even above 37 ºF (3 ºC)
- At a low outside temperature, icy conditions must expected on bridges and in shady road areas.
- Think well ahead when driving.
with Keyless Ride OE General warning light lights up yellow. Remote key not in range. Do not stop engine. No engine restart possible.