BMW C400GT - Rider's Manual > Emergency on/off switch (kill switch)
- Emergency on/off switch (kill switch)
WARNING Operation of the emergency ON/OFF switch when riding
Danger of falling due to blocking of rear wheel
- Do not operate the emergency ON/OFF switch when riding.
The engine can be switched off easily and quickly using the emergency on/off switch.
- Engine is switched off
- Operating position
Low-beam headlight and parking lights
The parking lights come on automatically when the ignition is switched on.
After the ignition is switched off, the parking lights remain on for a brief period.
NOTICE The parking lights are a strain on the battery. Do not leave the ignition switched on longer than absolutely necessary.
The low-beam headlight switches on automatically when the engine is switched on.
High beam and headlight flasher
- Press switch 1 toward front to switch on high beam.
- Pull switch 1 toward rear to actuate headlight flasher.
- Turn off ignition.
- Immediately after switching off the ignition, push button 1 to left and hold it until the parking lamps come on.
- Switch ignition on and then off again to switch off parking light.
Hazard warning lights system
Operating hazard warning flashers
Switch on the ignition.
NOTICE The hazard warning flashers place a strain on the battery.
Do not use the hazard warning flashers for longer than absolutely necessary.
NOTICE If a turn indicator button is pressed with the emergency flashing function switched on, the flashing function replaces the emergency flashing function as long as the button is pressed.
If the turn indicator button is released, the emergency flasher function becomes active again.
- Press button 1 to switch on the hazard warning lights system.
Ignition can be switched off.
- Switch on the ignition and press the button 1 again to switch off the hazard warning lights system.
Operating turn signals
- Switch on the ignition.
- Press button 1 to left to switch on left-side turn signals.
- Press button 1 to right to switch on right-side turn signals.
- Move button 1 to center position to switch off turn signals.
NOTICE The turn indicators automatically switch off when the defined riding time and distance have been reached. The defined riding time and distance can be set by an authorized BMW Motorrad retailer.
- Factory setting:
- Riding time = 10 s
- Distance covered = 200 m
Steering and ignition lock Ignition key You are provided with two ignition keys. with topcase Light OA You can use the same ignition key for the topcase if you wish.
Selecting display at the top Switch on the ignition. Briefly press the top of the MENU rocker button 1 repeatedly to select the display in area 3.