Kawasaki J300 - Service manual > Engine Removal/Installation
R: Replacement Parts
- Use the center stand to support the motorcycle upright.
- Squeeze the front brake lever slowly and hold it with a band [A].
WARNING Motorcycle may fall over unexpectedly resulting in an accident or injury. Be sure to hold the front brake when removing the engine.
NOTICE Be sure to hold the front brake when removing the engine, or the motorcycle may fall over. The engine or the motorcycle could be damaged.
Engine Oil (see Engine Oil Change in the Periodic Maintenance chapter)
Coolant (see Coolant Change in the Periodic Maintenance chapter)
Side Fairings (see Side Fairing Removal in the Frame chapter)
Rear Wheel (see Rear Wheel Removal in the Wheels/Tires chapter)
Exhaust Pipe (see Exhaust Pipe Removal in the Engine Top End chapter)
Air Cleaner Box (see Air Cleaner Box Removal in the Fuel System (DFI) chapter)
Throttle Body Assy (see Throttle Body Assy Removal in the Fuel System (DFI) chapter)
Intake Manifold (see Intake Manifold Removal in the Engine Top End chapter)
Starter Motor (see Starter Motor Removal in the Electrical System chapter)
- Loosen the bolt [A], and remove the fuel hose bracket [B].
- Loosen the clamp screw and disconnect the water hose [A].
- Open the clamp and disconnect the water bypass hose [B].
- Clear the water bypass hose from the clamp [C].
- Disconnect the water temperature sensor connectors [D].
- Disconnect the spark plug cap [E].
- Slide the switch cover [A] and disconnect the oil pressure switch connector [B].
- Remove the band [A] and slide the dust cover [B].
- Open the clamp [C].
Crankshaft Sensor Lead Connector [D]
Alternator Lead Connector [E]
- Loosen the water hose clamp screw and disconnect the water hose [A].
- Support the engine with a suitable stand [A].
- Remove the left lower rear shock absorber bolt [A].
Engine Mounting Bolt [A] and Nut
Engine Hanger Bolt [B] and Nut (Both Sides)
Engine Hanger [C]
- Remove the engine [A] backward.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
- Replace the engine mounting nut and engine hunger nuts with new ones.
- Install the engine with engine hanger, and tighten the bolts and nuts.
Engine Mounting Nut: 49 N*m (5.0 kgf*m, 36 ft*lb)
Engine Hanger Nuts: 64 N*m (6.5 kgf*m, 47 ft*lb)
- Run the leads, cables and hoses correctly (see Cable, Wire, and Hose Routing section in the Appendix chapter).
- Install the removed parts (see appropriate chapters).
- Adjust the throttle cables (see Throttle Control System Inspection in the Periodic Maintenance chapter).
- Fill the engine with engine oil (see Engine Oil Change in the Periodic Maintenance chapter).
- Fill the engine with coolant (see Coolant Change in the Periodic Maintenance chapter).
Oil Pump Removal Remove: Alternator Rotor (see Alternator Rotor Removal in the Electrical System chapter) Starter Motor Clutch Gear (see Starter Motor Clutch Gear and Starter Idle Gear Removal in the Crankcase/Crankshaft chapter) Remove: Oil Separator Cover Bolts [A] Oil Separator Cover [B] Remove: Circlip [A] Oil Pump Driven Gear [B] Drive Chain [C]