Honda NSS300 Forza - Owner's Manual > Parking
- Park on a firm, level surface.
- If you must park on a slight incline or loose surface, park so that the scooter cannot move or fall over.
- Make sure that high-temperature parts cannot come into contact with flammable materials.
- Do not touch the engine, muffler, brakes and other high-temperature parts until they cool down.
Except U, KO type
To reduce the likelihood of theft, always lock the handlebar, remove the key when leaving the scooter unattended. Use of an anti-theft device is also recommended.
U, KO type
To reduce the likelihood of theft, always lock the handlebar, remove the key and close the shutter when leaving the scooter unattended. Use of an anti-theft device is also recommended.
Parking with the Side Stand or Centre Stand
1. Stop the engine.
2. Use the side stand
Push the side stand down.
Slowly lean the scooter to the left until its weight rests on the side stand.
Use the centre stand
Let down the centre stand, stand on the left side of the scooter. Hold the left handle grip and the left grab rail. Press down on the tip of the stand with your right foot and, simultaneously, pull up and back.
3. Turn the handlebar fully to the left.
- Turning the handlebar to the right reduces stability and may cause the scooter to fall.
4. Except U, KO type
Turn the ignition switch to the LOCK position and remove the key.
U, KO type
Turn the ignition switch to the LOCK position, remove the key, and close the shutter.
Refuelling and Fuel Guidelines
Follow these guidelines to protect the engine and catalytic converters:
- Use only unleaded petrol.
- Use recommended octane number. Using lower octane petrol will result in decreased engine performance.
- Do not use fuels containing a high concentration of alcohol.
- Do not use stale or contaminated petrol or an oil/petrol mixture.
- Avoid getting dust, or water in the fuel tank.
Accessories & Modifications
We strongly advise that you do not add any accessories that were not specifically designed for your scooter by Honda or make modifications to your scooter from its original design. Doing so can make it unsafe.
Modifying your scooter may also void your warranty and make your scooter illegal to operate on public roads and highways. Before deciding to install accessories on your scooter be certain the modification is safe and legal.
Improper accessories or modifications can cause a crash in which you can be seriously hurt or killed.
Follow all instructions in this owner's manual regarding accessories and modifications.
Do not pull a trailer with, or attach a sidecar to, your scooter. Your scooter was not designed for these attachments, and their use can seriously impair your scooter's handling.
- Carrying extra weight affects your scooter's handling, braking and stability. Always ride at a safe speed for the load you are carrying.
- Avoid carrying an excessive load and keep within specified load limits.
- Tie all luggage securely, evenly balanced and close to the centre of the scooter.
- Do not place objects near the lights or the muffler.
Overloading or improper loading can cause a crash and you can be seriously hurt or killed.
Follow all load limits and other loading guidelines in this manual.
Ride cautiously and keep your hands on the handlebar and feet on the floor. Keep passenger's hands on the grab rail or your waist, passenger's feet on the footpegs while riding. Always consider the safety of your passenger, as well as other drivers and riders.