Kymco XCITING 500 - Service Manual > Rear Fork/Rear Wheel/Rear Shock Absorber
- A contaminated brake disc or pad reduces stopping power. Discard contaminated parts and clean a contaminated disc with a high quality brake degreasing agent.
- Riding on damaged rims impairs safe operation of the vehicle.
- This section covers of the rear wheel and rear suspension.
- A jack or other support is required to support the vehicle.
- Do not twist or bend the brake hose when servicing.
- Use genuine KYMCO replacement bolts and nuts for all suspension pivots and mounting points.
- Refer to section 16 for brake system information.
Unit: mm (in)
Rear brake disc bolt 42 N*m (4.3 kgf*m, 31 lbf*ft) ALOC bolt: replace with a
Rear axle nut 180 N*m (18 kgf*m, 130 lbf*ft)
Rear shock absorber upper mounting bolt 40 N*m (4 kgf*m, 29 lbf*ft)
Rear shock absorber lower mounting bolt 40 N*m (4 kgf*m, 29 lbf*ft)
Final shaft holder bolt 32 N*m (3.2 kgf*m, 23 lbf*ft)
Right/parking brake caliper mounting bolt 32 N*m (3.2 kgf*m, 23 lbf*ft) ALOC bolt: replace with a new one.
Rear wheel wobbling
- Bent rim
- Faulty tire
- Axle not tightened properly
- Engine mount bolt not tightened properly
- Loose or worn final gear shaft bearing
- Insufficient tire pressure
- Unbalanced tire and wheel
- Weak rear shock absorber spring
- Oil leakage from damper unit
Rear wheel noise
- Worn rear wheel axle bearings
- Worn rear fork bearings
- Deformed rear fork
- Bent damper rod
- Worn or damaged engine mount bushings
- High tire pressure
Rear suspension noisy
- Loose mounting fasteners
- Faulty shock absorber
- Weak rear suspension mount bushings
REMOVAL Remove the front fork. Remove the steering handle. Remove the bolts and brake hoses clamp.
REMOVAL Remove the muffler. Remove the rear/parking brake caliper. Loosen the rear axle nut. Support the scooter securely on its main stand.