Kawasaki J300 - Service manual > Fuel Tank
Fuel Tank Removal
WARNING Gasoline is extremely flammable and can be explosive under certain conditions, creating the potential for serious burns. Make sure the area is well ventilated and free from any source of flame or sparks; this includes any appliance with a pilot light. Do not smoke. Turn the ignition switch off. Disconnect the battery (-) terminal. To avoid fuel spills, draw it from the tank when the engine is cold. Be prepared for fuel spillage; any spilled fuel must be completely wiped up immediately.
- Open the fuel tank cap.
- Draw the fuel out from the fuel tank with a commercially available pump.
- Use a soft plastic hose [A] as a pump intake hose in order to insert the hose smoothly.
- Put the hose through the fill opening [B] into the tank and draw the fuel out.
WARNING Spilled fuel is flammable and can be explosive under certain conditions. The fuel can not be removed completely from the fuel tank. Be careful for remained fuel spillage.
Fuel Injector (see Fuel Injector Removal)
Leg Shield (see Leg Shield Removal in the Frame chapter)
Lower Cover (see Lower Cover Removal in the Frame chapter)
- Disconnect the fuel pump connector [A].
Nuts [A] (Both Sides)
Bracket [B] (Both Sides)
Fuel Tank [B]
Fuel Tank Installation
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
- Be sure that the pad [A] is in position.
Fuel Tank Cleaning
WARNING Gasoline and low flash-point solvents can be flammable and/or explosive and cause severe burns. Clean the tank in a well-ventilated area, and take care that there are no sparks or flame anywhere near the working area. Do not use gasoline or low flash-point solvents to clean the tank.
Fuel Tank (see Fuel Tank Removal)
Fuel Pump (see Fuel Pump Removal)
- Pour some high flash-point solvent into the fuel tank and shake the tank to remove dirt and fuel deposits.
- Draw the solvent out of the fuel tank.
- Dry the tank with compressed air.
Fuel Pump (see Fuel Pump Installation)
Fuel Tank (see Fuel Tank Installation)
Air Cleaner Element Removal Refer to the Air Cleaner Element Replacement in the Periodic Maintenance chapter. Air Cleaner Element Installation Refer to the Air Cleaner Element Replacement in the Periodic Maintenance chapter.