Peugeot Satelis - Service manual > Functions of the instrument panel
- Revolution counter.
- Daily odometer.
- Digital clock.
- Fuel gauge.
- Outside temperature gauge.
- Engine temperature gauge.
- Battery voltage fault.
- Maintenance indicator.
- Flasher unit.
Instrument panel indicator lamps:
- Oil pressure.
- ABS/MBS or STOP
- Left direction indicator.
- High beam.
- Immobiliser state.
- Diagnosis of the ignition system.
- Opening the storage compartment.
- Right direction indicator.
- Control button.
Two versions are available:
1. Basic version featuring a STOP indicator light (B).
2. ABS/MBS version featuring an ABS indicator light (B)
Initializing the system
When preparing the vehicle, switch off the ignition and connect the battery. The system initializes itself when connecting the battery.
The battery must never be connected or disconnected when the ignition is switched on.
The instrument panel initializes itself every time the ignition is switched on:
All warning lights are switched on.
- All elements of the multifunctional display are activated.
- The two hands (speedometer and revolution counter) move simultaneously from the minimum to the maximum and back.
If this is not the case, switch the ignition off, disconnect and re-connect the battery.
After initializing, the low oil, stoplight or ABS, injection diagnosis indicator lights remain on.
Analog functions (hands)
Double-scale indication, kilometres/miles.
Vehicle without ABS/MBS: The signal is supplied by the speed sensor mounted on the front wheel.
Vehicle with ABS/MBS: The signal is sent by the ABS/MBS ECU.
Vehicle with Magneti Marelli ECU: 2 pulses per engine revolution.
The tripmeter. Daily odometer. Fuel gauge. Digital clock. Outside temperature gauge. Engine temperature gauge. Battery voltage fault. Maintenance indicator. Empty tank indicator light.