Kawasaki J300 - Service manual > How to Read Service Codes
- Service codes are shown by a series of long and short blinks of the yellow engine warning indicator light (LED), and the number of two digits on the display, as shown below.
- When there are a number of problems, all the service codes can be stored and the display will begin starting from the lowest number service code in the numerical order. Then after completing all codes, the display is repeated until ignition switch is turned off.
- The warning symbol and the number of two digits are displayed at the end of the blinking of the yellow engine warning indicator light (LED).
- For example, if two problems occurred in the order of 12, 06, the
service codes are displayed from the lowest number in the order listed.
(06 → 12) → (06 → 12) → * * * (repeated)
How to Erase Service Code
The service code stored in memory of the ECU continues to be display on the meter unit until it is erased. Erase the service code after the repair has done.
Service Code Erasing Procedure
1. Place the motorcycle on its center stand.
2. Put the side stand up, and turn the engine stop switch to run position.
3. Turn the ignition switch on and wait for ten seconds.
4. Fully open the throttle grip and wait for ten seconds.
5. Release the throttle grip.
6. The yellow engine warning indicator light (LED) will blink twice (0.5 second) after five seconds.
7. The service code data is erased after the yellow engine warning indicator light (LED) goes off.
Service Code Table
- The ECU may be involved in these problems. If all the parts and circuits checked out good, be sure to check the ECU for ground and power supply. If the ground and power supply are checked good, replace the ECU.
- When no service code is displayed, the electrical parts of the DFI system has no fault, and the mechanical parts of the DFI system and the engine are suspect.
The self-diagnosis system is monitoring the DFI system and ignition system. The ECU notifies the rider of troubles in DFI system and ignition system by blinking the yellow engine warning indicator light (LED) [A] when DFI and ignition system parts are faulty, and initiates fail-safe function. In case of serious troubles, ECU stops the injection and ignition operations.
Kawasaki J300 - Service manual > Throttle Sensor Position and Idle Speed Control Valve Actuator Position Reset
How to Reset Throttle Sensor Position and Idle Speed Control Valve Actuator Position The ECU records the throttle sensor position and idle speed control valve actuator position. Therefore, the throttle sensor position and idle speed control valve actuator position have to be reset when throttle body, intake air pressure sensor, idle speed control valve actuator or ECU has been reinstalled.