Kymco XCITING 500 - Service Manual > Service information
- During engine removal and installation, support the scooter on its main stand.
- Support the frame using a jack or other adjustable support to ease of engine hanger bolt removal.
- The following components require engine removal for serviced with the
engine installed in the frame.
- Oil pump (Section 4)
- Water pump (Section 6)
- Cylinder head (Section 8)
- Cylinder/Piston (Section 9)
- Drive and driven pulleys/clutch (Section 10)
- Final reduction (Section 11)
- Alternator/Starter clutch (Section 12)
- The following components require engine removal for service.
- Crankshaft/Crankcase/Balancer (Section 13)
Engine mounting bolt
80 N*m (8 kgf*m, 58 lbf*ft)
Engine mounting nut
80 N*m (8 kgf*m, 58 lbf*ft)
Rear shock absorber lower mounting bolt
40 N*m (4 kgf*m, 29 lbf*ft)
Rear/parking brake caliper mounting bolt
32 N*m (3.2 kgf*m, 23 lbf*ft)
ALOCK bolt: replace with a new one
Engine hanger mounting bolt
50 N*m (5 kgf*m, 36 lbf*ft)
Engine hanger rod nut
35 N*m (3.5 kgf*m, 25 lbf*ft)
Remove the following:
- Luggage box
- Rear fender
- Side/rear body cover
- Exhaust muffler
Drain the coolant from the system.
Support the scooter on its main stand.
Loosen the air cleaner clamp screw.
Loosen the carburetor clamp screw.
Remove the carburetor.
Disconnect the fuel hose from the carburetor.
Disconnect the water temperature sensor connector.
Disconnect AICV air supply hose from the AICV check valve.
Disconnect the spark plug cap from the cylinder head.
Disconnect the crankcase breather hose form the cylinder head cover.
Release the rubber cap and remove the terminal nut to disconnect the starter motor cable.
Disconnect the air bleed hose and water hose from the water joint.
Disconnect the outer water hose from the oil cooler.
Loosen the wire bands and disconnect the alternator connectors.
Remove the bolt and engine ground cable.
Loosen the hose bands and disconnect the bypass hose and water hose
Disconnect the oil pressure switch connector.
Remove the bolts and rear/parking brake caliper.
Remove the brake hose from clamps.
Disconnect the transmission case breather hose from transmission case.
Remove the bolts and air cleaner.
Remove the rear cushion lower mount bolts
Remove the engine mount nut.
Turn the engine mount bolt counterclockwise and loosen it.
Pull out the engine mount bolt then removes the engine from the frame.
At removing the engine, be careful not to catch your hand or finger between the engine hanger and crankcase.
Remove the collar.
Pull out the long engine collar.
Installation is in the reverse order of removal.
- At installing the engine, be careful not to catch your hand or finger between the engine hanger and crankcase.
- Check for leakage of the engine oil and engine coolant.
Engine mounting bolt: 80 N*m (8 kgf*m, 58 lbf*ft)
Engine mounting nut: 80 N*m (8 kgf*m, 58 lbf*ft)
Route the brake hoses and wires properly.
Inspect the bearing: Bearings allow play in the right/eft crankcase or the bearing turns roughly → Replace.
Inspect the engine mount bolt: Band/Damage → Replace
Do not attempt to straighten a bent engine mount bolt.
REMOVAL Loosen and remove the engine mount nut. Loosen and remove the engine mount bolt. Remove the engine hanger mount bolts and outer collars.