BMW C400GT - Rider's Manual > Setting
- Move mirror into desired position by pressing it lightly.
Headlight adjustment, right-hand/left-hand traffic
This vehicle is equipped with a symmetrical lowbeam headlight.
No further measures are needed to ride in countries in which traffic moves on the other side of the road than in the country of registration.
Headlight range and spring preload
The headlight range generally remains constant due to the adjustment of the spring preload to the loading state.
If you are in doubt about the correct headlight range adjustment, please contact a specialist workshop, preferably an authorized BMW Motorrad retailer.
It is essential to set the spring preload on the rear wheel to suit the load carried by the Scooter.
Increase spring preload when the vehicle is heavily loaded and reduce spring preload accordingly when the vehicle is lightly loaded.
Adjusting the spring preload on the rear wheel
- Park the Scooter, making sure the ground is level and firm.
- To increase the spring preload, turn the adjustment rings 1 in arrow direction A using a tool from the on-board tool kit.
- To reduce the spring preload, turn the adjustment rings 1 in the arrow direction B using a tool from the on-board tool kit.
- Make sure that the same values are set on both spring struts.
with anti-theft alarm system (DWA) OE Alarm activation The DWA alarm can be set off by: Motion sensor Switching on ignition with an unauthorized motorcycle key Disconnection of the DWA from the vehicle battery (DWA battery takes over the power supply)