Peugeot Satelis - Owner's Manual > Description of the vehicle
- Instrument panel
- Ignition switch
- Lockable glove box
- Utility hanger
- Accessory socket
- Fuel tank flap
- Brake fluid level
- Left brake lever (Main brake1)
- Right brake lever (Secondary brake1)
- Expansion tank
- Handlebar glove box
- Saddle cover hatch
- Saddle storage compartment
- Grab handle
- Rider saddle
- Passenger backseat
- Passenger backrest (400/500 cc only)
- Manufacturer's plate
- Central stand
- Lateral stand
- Passenger footrests
- Engine number
- Chassis markings
- Engine oil level
- Anti-theft chain lock 2
CONTROLS AND INSTRUMENTS
The instrument panel initializes itself every time the ignition is switched on. A function test of the display unit segments and lighting of all indicator lights are performed automatically. The two hands (speedometer and revolution counter) move simultaneously from the minimum to the maximum and back.
If they don't work, have the system checked by a registered dealer.
- Double-scale speedometer showing kilometers and miles.
- Revolution counter
- The analogical tachometer indicates the engine's rotation speed and maintains it within its ideal use range, thus preventing it from reaching the red zone.
- Brake system indicator light. ABS/PBS1
"STOP" light 1
- (ABS/PBS only)-The indicator light turns on when switching on the ignition. The warning light only goes off when the machine exceeds 5 km/h. If the indicator light turns on intermittently or remains on, you are advised to stop the vehicle and have it checked by an authorised dealer.
- "STOP" -The indicator light goes on with the ignition and turns off when the engine has started. If the indicator light turns on when riding, you are advised to have the vehicle checked by an authorised dealer.
- Oil pressure indicator light
- The indicator light goes on with the ignition and turns off when the engine has started. If the indicator light turns on intermittently or remains on, you are advised to stop the vehicle and have it checked by an authorised dealer.
- Direction indicator warning light Hazard warning light indicator
- The instrument panel is equipped with one flasher unit per side. A buzzer reminds the driver of the direction indicators. The buzzer only works with the hazard warning lights if the ignition is turned on.
- Main beam control
- Transponder-equipped immobiliser diagnostic warning light/Deterrence
- When the engine is off, the light flashes regularly to indicate that the anti-theft system is activated; this is the deterrent function.
- To save the battery, the deterrent tell-tale lamp goes off if the vehicle is not used for over 48 hours.
- If, when the ignition is turned on, the indicator flashes briefly and remains on, the diagnostic function has detected a malfunction on the anti-theft system and the engine will not be able to start; the system will have to be checked by an authorised dealer.
- Injection system diagnostic warning light
- The light comes on when the ignition is turned on to check it is operational and comes off as soon as the engine starts if there is no incident.
If an incident occurs, the driver is informed by the light.
There are three fault levels on the machine. (depending on the model)
- Serious safety fault or fault which could lead to destruction of the engine, the vehicle must be stopped. The light comes on and stays on.
- Serious fault affecting the functioning or riding comfort. The engine speed is restricted to 6000 rpm Satelis Compressor only). The light flashes.
- Minor fault. The light stays off. The fault will be processed during servicing.
In case of a fault, an emergency strategy is applied whenever possible, so that the driver can reach the nearest sales point.
- Saddle opening warning light
- The warning light will come on if the saddle is not locked.
- Display control knob
- Multi-function display
A inexperienced motorcyclist should make himself completely familiar with his vehicle before going out in traffic. You are strongly advised not to lend your vehicle to an inexperienced rider.
Milometer. The machine total kilometres remains in the memory when the battery is disconnected. The machine total kilometres remains in the memory when the battery is disconnected. Tripmeter. (TRIP)