BMW C400GT - Rider's Manual > Engine oil
Checking the engine oil level
ATTENTION Misinterpretation of the oil filling quantity, as the oil level is temperature-dependent (the higher the temperature, the higher the oil level)
- Only check the oil level after a longer journey or when the engine is warm.
- After switching off the engine, wait for one minute before the oil level can be read.
- Place the warm Scooter on its center stand, ensuring that the ground is level and firm.
- Wipe area around oil fill location to clean it.
- Remove the oil dipstick 1.
- Clean the measuring scale 2 of the oil dipstick with a dry cloth.
- Position the oil dipstick on the oil filler opening but do not screw it in.
- Remove oil dipstick and read fluid level.
If the oil level is below the MIN mark:
- Add engine oil up to specified level.
If the oil level is above the MAX mark:
- Have oil level corrected at an authorized service facility, preferably an authorized BMW Motorrad retailer.
- Install the oil dipstick and tighten it by hand.
The "Maintenance" chapter describes work involving the checking and replacement of wear parts that can be performed with a minimum of effort. If special tightening torques are to be taken into account for assembly, these are listed. An overview of all required tightening torques is contained in the chapter "Technical Data".
Check brake operation Operate right brake lever. Pressure point must be clearly perceptible. Operate left brake lever. Pressure point must be clearly perceptible.