BMW C400GT - Rider's Manual > Fuses
Removing the fuse
The fuses are located under the battery compartment cover by the leg shield.
ATTENTION Bypassing defective fuses
Risk of short circuit and fire
- Do not bypass defective fuses.
- Replace defective fuses with new fuses.
- Turn off ignition.
- Remove battery cover.
- To remove the main fuse, pull fuse 1 out of the fuse holder.
- To remove the fuses of slots 2 to 7, press the locks 2 and remove the lid 3 from the fuse box.
- Pull the affected fuse out of the fuse box.
- Replace the faulty fuses in the fuse box with a fuse with the required current level.
NOTICE An overview of the fuse assignment and the required amperages is provided in the chapter "Technical Data". The numbers in the graphic match the fuse numbers.
NOTICE If the fuses blow frequently, have the electrical system checked by an authorized specialized workshop, preferably an authorized BMW Motorrad retailer.
- Install the lid 3.
The locks 2 engage audibly.
- Replace the faulty main fuse 1 with a fuse with the required current level.
- Installing battery cover
ATTENTION Tightening of screwed connections with incorrect tightening torque Damage or loosening of screwed connections Always have the tightening torques checked by a specialized workshop, preferably an authorized BMW Motorrad retailer. Lubricate the gearing of the output shaft.
LED light source Except for the rear turn signals, all light sources in the Scooter are equipped with LED technology. Light sources cannot be renewed separately. Contact a BMW Motorrad partner.