Peugeot Satelis - Service manual > Removal of the engine
Note: To remove the cylinder head, remove the power propulsion unit.
For removal of the cylinder head, cylinder and piston, see the workshop manual: 4 stroke engine. 4 valves.
- Remove the storage compartment. See: Procedure 4.
- Remove the footboards. See: Procedure 6.
- Remove the bottom panel.
- Remove the battery bracket. See: Procedure 9.
- Disconnect the lambda sensor. (1)
- Remove the exhaust assembly.
- Remove the intake silencer. (2)
- Remove the rear mudguard. (3)
- Remove the screw that secures the wiring harness clamp and the fuel hose anchor bracket. (A)
- The fuel injector. (4)
- The throttle box. (5)
- The temperature sensor. (6)
- The magneto. (7)
- The engine ground. (8)
- The suppressor.
- Disconnect the injector fuel feed hose. (9)
- Oil pressure switch. (10)
- The starter motor. (11)
- Disconnect the lower pump from the coolant pump to drain the cooling system.
- Disconnect the cylinder head hose. (12)
- Remove the suspension arm.
- Remove the wheel.
- Remove the calliper. (13)
- Re-install the wheel.
- Suspend the rear of the machine.
- Remove the shock absorber lower mount (14).
- Remove the linkrod-to-engine connecting pin. (15)
- Lift the rear of the machine.
- Disconnect the throttle control cables. (16)
- Remove the engine.
- Remove the 4 spacers. (17)
Remove the RH fairing. See: Procedure 3. Disconnect the lambda sensor. Using a box-end wrench, remove the lambda sensor. Tightening torque: 2.5 m.daN
Replacing the steering head cups. Remove the handlebar upper fairing (8 screw). Remove the braking units on the handlebars. 1 Remove the nut and screw that secure the handlebars. Remove the handlebars from the fork tube. Remove the front brake caliper from the fork tube. (Left-hand side 2)