Honda NSS300 Forza - Owner's Manual > Starting
Starting the Engine
Start your engine using the following procedure, regardless of whether the engine is cold or warm.
This scooter is equipped with a side stand ignition cut-off system.
- If the side stand is down, the engine cannot be started.
- If you lower the side stand with the engine running, it will automatically shut off.
- If the engine does not start within 5 seconds, turn the ignition off and wait 10 seconds before trying to start the engine again to recover battery voltage.
- Extended fast idling and revving the engine can damage the engine, and the exhaust system.
- If the scooter is over-turned, you must first turn the ignition switch to the OFF position and then inspect the scooter carefully.
- The engine will not start if the throttle is fully open.
- Place the scooter on its centre stand.
- Make sure the engine stop switch is in the Run position.
- Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
- Squeeze the rear brake lever.
- The starter motor will only work when the rear brake lever is squeezed and the side stand is up.
- Press the start button with the throttle completely closed. Release the start button as soon as the engine starts.
If you cannot start the engine:
- Place the scooter on its centre stand and squeeze the rear brake lever.
- With the throttle slightly open (about 3 mm), press the start button.
If the engine does not start:
- Open the throttle fully and press the start button for 5 seconds.
- Repeat the normal starting procedure.
- If the engine starts, open the throttle slightly if idling is unstable.
- If the engine does not start, wait 10 seconds before trying steps 1 & 2 again.
Starting the Scooter
- Push the scooter forward off the centre stand.
- Squeeze the rear brake lever.
- Keep throttle closed.
Make sure the side stand and centre stand are up.
- Get on the scooter.
- Mount the scooter from the left side, keeping at least one foot on the ground.
- Release the rear brake lever.
- Acceleration and deceleration
To accelerate.......Open the throttle slowly.
To decelerate.......Close the throttle.
Close the throttle and apply the front and rear brakes together.
Fuel type: Unleaded petrol only
Fuel octane number: Your scooter is designed to use Research Octane Number (RON) 91 or higher.
Tank capacity: 11.5 litres (3.04 US gal, 2.53 Imp gal)
Opening the Fuel Fill Cap
- Insert the ignition key and turn it to the position of OPENER.
- Push the FUEL side of the fuel lid and seat opener switch.
- The fuel lid opens.
- Turn the fuel fill cap counterclockwise and remove the cap.
Do not fill with fuel above the plate.
Closing the Fuel Fill Cap
- Install and tighten the fuel fill cap firmly by turning it clockwise.
- Make sure that the arrow marks on the cap and fuel tank are aligned.
- Close the fuel lid until it locks.
- Make sure that the fuel lid is closed securely.
Petrol is highly flammable and explosive. You can be burned or seriously injured when handling fuel.
- Stop the engine, and keep heat, sparks, and flame away.
- Handle fuel only outdoors.
- Wipe up spills immediately.
PGM-FI (Programmed Fuel Injection) malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) Comes on briefly when the ignition switch is turned ON with the engine stop switch in the RUN position.
Seat Open Insert the ignition key and turn it to the position of OPENER. Push the SEAT side of the fuel lid and seat opener switch. Open the seat.