BMW C400GT - Rider's Manual > Changing the display for rider info status line
The motorcycle is stopped. The Pure view is displayed.
- Switching on ignition.
In the TFT display, all information necessary for operation on public roads is provided by the onboard computer. The information can be displayed in the upper status line.
- Selecting the content of the rider info status line.
- Press and hold button 1 to display the Pure view.
- Press button 1 briefly to select the value in the upper status line 2.
The following values can be indicated:
- Odometer Total
- Trip distance 1 Current
- Trip distance 2 Current
- Current fuel consumption Consumption
Average fuel consumption 1
Average fuel consumption 2
Riding time 1
Riding time 2
Inactive period 1
Inactive period 2
Average speed 1
Average speed 2
Selecting the content of the rider info status line
- Call up menu Settings, Display, Status line content.
- Turn on desired displays.
You can switch between the selected displays in the rider info status line. If there are no displays selected, then only the range is displayed.
- Select desired settings menu and confirm.
- Turn Multi-Controller 1 down until the desired setting is marked.
- If an operating instruction is present, tilt Multi-Controller 1 to the right.
- If no operating instruction is present, tilt Multi-Controller 1 to the
The setting is saved.
Switching road sign detection on or off
The vehicle is connected to the Navigator or a compatible mobile end device. The BMW Motorrad Connected App is installed on the mobile end device.
- Speed Limit Info displays the currently permitted maximum speed.
- Call up menu Settings, Display.
- Switch Speed Limit Info on or off.
Pure and Urban views
In the Pure view, all information required for operation on public roads is made available.
The speedometer 1 shows the current vehicle speed.
Pressing the top of the MENU rocker button briefly displays the range 2 instead of the fuel gage.
The range 2 indicates the distance that can still be traveled with the remaining fuel. This distance is calculated based on fuel quantity and average consumption.
- If the motorcycle is standing on its side stand, the motorcycle's inclined position will prevent the fuel level from being registered accurately. For this reason the range is only recalculated with the side stand retracted.
- The range is output together with a warning after the fuel reserve level is reached.
- After refueling, the range is recalculated provided the fuel quantity is greater than the fuel reserve.
- The determined range is an approximate reading.
As additional information, the Urban display also shows the engine speed in a numerical display 1 and a bar display 2.
It can be opened via the main menu.
Some items are preceded by a box. The box indicates whether the function is switched on or off.
Adjusting the volume Connecting rider's and passenger's helmets. Increase volume: turn Multi- Controller up. Reduce volume: turn Multi- Controller down. Mute: turn Multi-Controller all the way down.