Kymco XCITING 500 - Service Manual > Final Reduction
- The servicing operations of this section can be made with the engine installed.
- When replacing the drive shaft, use a special tool to hold the bearing inner race for this operation.
Specified Oil: SAE 90#
At disassembly : 0.55 L (0.57 US qt, 0.5 Imp qt)
At change : 0.45 L (0.48 US qt, 0.4 Imp qt)
Transmission case cover bolt 27 N*m (2.7 kgf*m, 20 lbf*ft)
Oil drain bolt 24 N*m (2.4 kgf*m, 18 lbf*ft)
Oil filler bolt 24 N*m (2.4 kgf*m, 18 lbf*ft)
Bearing puller E037
Oil seal & bearing driver E014
Universal bearing puller E030
Engine starts but motorcycle won't move
- Damaged transmission
- Seized or burnt transmission
- Faulty drive and driven pulleys/clutch
- Worn, seized or chipped gears
- Worn bearing
- Oil level too high
- Worn or damaged oil seal
- Cracked crankcase
REMOVAL Remove the left crankcase cover. Hold the drive pulley face with the special tool and loosen the drive pulley face nut. Special tool: Universal holder E017
Remove the exhaust muffler. Remove the rear brake caliper. Remove the right rear shock absorber. Remove the rear fork. Remove the rear wheel. Drain the transmission gear oil into a clean container.